Preparation: 15 minutes + additional cooktime
Processing: 3-4 minutes
|1/2 cup (120 ml) apple cider|
|6 apples (preferably MacIntosh), seeded, quartered|
|1/2-inch square piece fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)|
|1 teaspoons groung allspice|
|1/4 cup (55 g) dark brown sugar|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1. Place apples, cider and ginger into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
4. Blend for 10 seconds until chopped. If necessary, use the tamper to press any ingredients into the blades.
5. Increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 3-4 minutes until mixture is smooth.
6. Spray insides of crockpot with cooking spray for easy cleanup. Pour ingredients from Vitamix container into the crockpot. Stir in sugar and spices.
7. Cook 4 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low uncovered until mixture is dark brown. Freeze or process for canning any leftovers. Recipe may be multiplied.
|This is the easiest and tastiest recipe ever!
|Health Classification: Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan|
|Meal Type: Sauces|