|5 very ripe beefsteak tomatoes, quartered-plus 1 cut into 1/4 inch dice, set aside|
|2 large english cucumbers, peeled, quartered- plus 1 cut into 1/4 inch dice, set aside|
|2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, quartered- plus 1 cut into 1/4 inch dice, set aside|
|2 small jalapenos, seeded and stemmed|
|1 small red onion, peeled, quartered-plus 1 cut into 1/4 inch dice, set aside|
|2 slices day old white bread|
|3 bread slices cut into 1/2-inch croutons|
|3 garlic cloves, peeled|
|1/2 cup (120 ml) water|
|1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle|
|1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes|
|salt and ground black pepper|
|1. Toast croutons in extra virgin olive oil in a pan till deep golden brown.
2. Peel the cucumber and stem and seed the peppers.
3. Tear bread into pieces.
4. Place half of the vegetables, bread, water, vinegar, oil and ice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
5. Select Variable 1.
6. Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 5. Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
7. Repeat with other half of ingredients.
8. Be sure and season each batch nicely with salt and freshly ground pepper while still in the processor.
9. Pour soup into a pitcher, cover and refrigerate until very cold. Place garnishes in small terra cotta bowls and refrigerate as well. When ready to enjoy, stir well with a spoon.
10. Serve in shallow bowls with the garnish bowls on the side and drizzle each serving with a little more spanish extra virgin olive oil.
|Health Classification: Heart Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw|
|Meal Type: Soups|